Providing legal support for the operations of Vietnamese businesses including foreign invested businesses has been at the core of the practice of YKVN. Our lawyers have extensive experience working with major international and domestic corporations in general corporate and regulatory matters ranging from tax, compliance, labor, environment and intellectual property and international trade matters including anti-dumping.
YKVN also regularly advise clients on their commercial arrangements, such as franchising, outsourcing, distribution and agency arrangements. Industry sectors in which YKVN developed a large footprint include the consumer, retail, healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, life sciences and TMT sectors.
Regulatory frameworks are constantly evolving across sectors in Vietnam, becoming more and more comprehensive to promote increased transparency, efficiency and global and regional regulatory integration.
We regularly advise our clients, including most of the major multinational pharmaceutical manufacturers operating in Vietnam, to deal effectively with regulatory and compliance issues. We also assist our clients with investigations of bribery, money-laundering and sanctions issues.
With Vietnam shifting at the forefront of the international global supply chain, our teams have gained an extensive experience in investigations and reviews for the application of anti-dumping measures in a large portfolio of industry sectors.
In cross-border and trade issues matters, we often partner with leading international and regional firms.
Diep Hoai Nam Partner
Le Thi Loc Partner
Eli Mazur Partner
Nguyen Thu Hang Partner
Vu Dieu Huyen Partner
Nguyen Van Hai Partner
Tran Dieu Huong Counsel
John Davis Counsel
Ho Anh Tuyet Counsel
Huynh Thong Counsel
Vu Mai Tram Counsel
Krissen Pillay Counsel
Ngo Minh Hung Senior Associate
Tran Ngoc Ha Senior Associate
Lanh Dang Thu Nga Senior Associate
|2023||Tier 1||Legal 500|
|2022||Tier 1||Legal 500|
|2021||Tier 1||Legal 500|
The Best M&A Advisor of the Year
(Vietnam M&A Forum)
M&A Law Firm of the Year in Vietnam
(Global Law Experts Awards)
Foreign Investment Law Firm of the Year
(Lawyers World Award)
“Prominent Vietnamese firm with a high degree of experience in both inbound and outbound transactions. Its expertise covers disposals, acquisitions, corporate restructurings and joint ventures for clients ranging from multinational organisations to state-owned enterprises […] Works closely with its Singapore office to provide an international service.”
“I would recommend YKVN because it understands and respects the transparency requirements of large, publicly held multinational companies […]”
“The team is a joy to work with. The work product is excellent – they’re smart, commercially sound and internationally oriented.”
- Advised Procter & Gamble in setting up its subsidiaries in Vietnam. Subsequently advising Procter & Gamble on all aspects of the restructuring of its two trading and manufacturing subsidiaries in Vietnam to separate the trading and manufacturing operations. Plants (including machinery and equipment), inventory, and other assets of one subsidiary were transferred to and merged into another subsidiary;
- Advised McDonald’s on the negotiation of a franchise for Vietnam with a leading Vietnamese business partner. The franchise covers all of Vietnam and require the Vietnamese partner to make substantial capital and other commitments towards the establishment of McDonald’s business in Vietnam;
- Advised Remy on setting up a 100% foreign owned company in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam engaging in distribution of alcohol products (including investment certificate and alcohol trading license) and day-to-day business operations;
- Advised Monsanto on setting up a 100% foreign owned company in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam engaging in importation and wholesale sale of plant seeds and day-to-day business operations;
- Advised Dow on day-to-day operations of its subsidiaries and rep offices in Vietnam and its distribution license in Vietnam;
- Advised Hanesbrands in setting up its subsidiary in Hung Yen Province, Vietnam in order to operate several factories in Hung Yen Province and Thua Thien Hue Province, Vietnam. Subsequently advising Hanesbrands Holdings on day-to-day manufacturing operations of its factories and subsidiary in Vietnam, including distribution issues;
- Advised Interflour Group Pte. Ltd., a Singapore company, on setting up a 100% foreign owned company in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam engaging in importation, exportation and distribution of wheat flour, bran, and dairy products;
- Advised Pharmaq AS, a Norway company, on setting up a 100% foreign owned company in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam engaging in importation and wholesale sale of aqua-cultural medicine;
- Advised DGM Holding Corporation, a US based company, on setting up a 100% foreign owned company in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam engaging in importation and wholesale sale of meat;
- Advised Verizon Group, a multi-national company, on setting up a 100% foreign owned company in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam engaging in importation and wholesale sale of telecom equipment;
- Advised SingTec, a Singapore company on setting up a joint venture company with local partner engaging in freight forwarding services;
- Advised Aramex, a Singapore company on setting up a joint venture company with Masan engaging in logistics services;
- Advised Masan on setting up a joint venture with SDV Logistics (Singapore) Pte Ltd engaging in logistics services; and
- Advised Hyundai on setting up a joint stock company with Vietnamese partner engaging in logistic services in Ho Chi Minh City.
On trade issues matters, we have assisted several Chinese, Malaysian, Thai and Vietnamese companies in the following anti-dumping investigations initiated by the Trade Remedies Authority of Vietnam (TRAV) under the Ministry of Industry and Trade:
- Case No. AD11 on the investigation for application of anti-dumping measures on high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) products originating from the People’s Republic of China and Korea;
- Case No. AD10 on the investigation for application of anti-dumping measures on a number of polyester filament yarns originating from the People’s Republic of China, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia and Malaysia;
- Case No. AD08 on the investigation for application of anti-dumping measures on some cold rolled steel (cold-pressed) in the form of rolls or sheets originating from the People’s Republic of China;
- Case No. AD07 on the investigation for application of anti-dumping measures on a number of plastic products and plastic products made from propylene polymers originating from the People’s Republic of China, Kingdom of Thailand and Malaysia;
- Case No. AD04 on the investigation for application of anti-dumping measures on aluminium products, as well as, alloy or non-alloy products originating in China;
- Case No. AD-02 on the investigation for application of anti-dumping measures on pre-painted galvanized steel originating in China, including Hong Kong and Korea;
- Case No. 13-KN-BPG-01 on the investigation for application of anti-dumping measures on stainless steel products imported into Vietnam from China, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Chinese Taipei;
- Case No. AR01.AD04 on the first review for application of anti-dumping measures on aluminium products, as well as alloy or non-alloy products originating in China; and
- Case SG 05 on safeguard investigation in respect of coated steel sheet.