Thong Huynh is a counsel with YKVN. He has extensive experience in advising domestic and foreign investors in a variety of areas of corporate and M&A, real estate, aviation, and banking and finance. Thong’s current main areas of practice are aircraft financing and leasing transactions and other corporate transactional and advisory matters.
Before working at YKVN, he was the legal head of a local commercial bank and a manager of a law firm within Big Four. Thong speaks native Vietnamese and fluent English.
Universite Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne, LL.M. (2019)
Ho Chi Minh City National University, Faculty of Economics and Laws, LL.B. (2008)
Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association
- Advised The Korea Development Bank on Vietnamese law matters in connection with its refinancing transaction and security transaction in respect of an Airbus A320-232 aircraft;
- Advised China Construction Bank Corporation on Vietnamese law matters in connection with its security transactions in respect of two Airbus A320-232 aircrafts;
- Advised Babcock & Brown Aircraft Management LLC (BBAM) as existing lessor on the novation of the lease of an Airbus A320-200 aircraft upon the change in the owner of the aircraft;
- Advised Bank of Communications Co., Ltd. on Vietnamese law matters in connection with its financing transaction and security transaction in respect of two Airbus A320-232 aircrafts;
- Advised CIT Finance LLC on the lease and mortgage of an Airbus A321-200 aircraft; and
- Advised foreign financial institutions and aircraft leasing companies on aircraft acquisition, registration, lease, aircraft repossession.
Banking and Finance
- Represented a leading Chinese bank in Vietnam in its provision of USD 200 million long term loan to finance a mixed-use property development in Vietnam;
- Represented a leading Vietnamese joint stock commercial bank in its extension of multi-VND billion long term loan to finance a real estate project development in District 2 of Ho Chi Minh City;
- Represented the arranger in a syndicate of two Vietnamese joint stock commercial banks in connection with a syndicate long for a real estate project development in Ho Chi Minh City;
- Advised foreign financial institutions on aircraft refinancing; and
- Advised an offshore fund in a multi-tranche convertible loan to a Vietnamese company engaging in consumer products.
Corporate and M&A
- Represented a Thai investor on their investment project concerning establishment of a joint venture with a local partner to develop a mix-used commercial building;
- Represented a Vietnamese seller on their sale of part of a high-rise complex building;
- Represented a Singapore-owned real estate developer in their divestment from an urban development project;
- Advised a local joint stock bank on its attempted acquisition of a foreign owned finance company;
- Advised Fullerton Financial Holdings on its strategic acquisition of shares in Mekong Development Bank;
- Advised a Vietnamese listed bank on its merger with another bank; and
- Advised a number of offshore fintech companies on the Vietnamese regulations on cashless payments.