Le Thi Loc is a partner at YKVN’s Ho Chi Minh City office.
She regularly advises high profile companies such as Central Group, OliveTree, Lazada, Dow, Sodexo, Motorola, Cathay Pacific, RMIT, Gaw, and Masan.
Loc brings 20 years of experience in:
- foreign investment,
- corporate matters,
- labour and employment and,
- real estate.
Her practice focuses particularly on:
- Assistance to foreign investors on commercial and investment activities in Vietnam – from pre-licensing to post-licensing stage.
- M&A in various sectors such as real estate, education, fintech, manufacturing and service sectors.
- Advisory to leading local companies, including State-owned enterprises, major Vietnamese conglomerates and international firms such as financial institutions, insurance companies, and private equity funds.
- Employment, e-commerce practice and education.
Ranked as a Notable Practitioner in Employment by Chambers, Loc has co-authored the 2021 IFLR Vietnam M&A Report and Vietnam Chapter | Fintech 2022 | Lexology Getting the Deal Through.
University of California, Berkeley School of Law, LL.M. (2015)
Hanoi University of Law, LL.B. (1997)
Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association
Asian-Pacific Bar Association
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised Excelsior Oak Limited on investment in TEKCOM Corporation;
- Advised Goodwin Procter LLP on a number of acquisition deals in relation to various clients’ investments in local companies;
- Advised IDS Medical Systems (M) Snd Bhd in its acquisition of existing businesses from two target companies in Ho Chi Minh City including due diligence, transactional documents and closing support;
- Advised SingPost in relation to its share subscriptions, acquisition of new shares in ITL, and divestment from ITL;
- Advised Tropical Development and Investment Corporation in relation to its transfer of shares;
- Advised Uoolu in relation to its acquisition of a local company;
- Advised Central Group on acquisition of chain of retail outlets in Vietnam under brand name of Big C and C-Express;
- Advised Power Buy, a subsidiary of Central Pattana Group, in the acquisition of a 49% stake in NTK New Solution and Technology Development Investment Joint Stock Company, the ultimate 100 per cent shareholder of Nguyen Kim Trading Joint Stock Company;
- Advised certain private equity funds such as Mekong Capital, Bank Invest and VinaCapital in their investments in a number of companies in Vietnam;
- Advised Masan Group Corporation in offshore acquisition in Comp Investors LLC, an outsourcing offshore company in Nevada, the U.S;
- Advised Marico, a leading Indian consumer goods and beauty-care services company in its acquisition of majority shares in International Consumer Products Corporation (ICP) as one of the fastest growing Fast-Moving Consumer Goods companies in Vietnam;
- Advised ERGO, a German insurer in its acquisition of shares in a local insurer;
- Advised Sumida Electronic Co., Ltd on its sale of capital contribution in Core Concord Electrics (Vietnam) Co., Ltd;
- Advised MGH on its purchase of capital contribution in a logistics company in Vietnam;
- Advised YRC Logistics Asia Limited in its sale of capital contribution in YRC Logistics (Vietnam);
- Advised Odgers, a leading HR firm in the UK on its purchase of majority capital contribution in International Human Resource Company in Vietnam;
- Advised ICA, a local pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a pharmaceutical production plant wholly owned by Ranbaxy; and
- Advised Hanes Holding Inc., a US garment company in its acquisition of garment factory in Thua Thien Hue and setting up a subsidiary to run such factory.
- Advised Lazada Vietnam on a monthly basis with respect to various corporate activities, including, among others, the new establishment of its affiliate, and registration of foreign loan, etc;
- Advised IFB Holdings with respect to the restructuring of a number of its affiliates such as Tan Khoa, Template, Vietcafe and XLE;
- Advised JTI on various operation matters and business activities including licensing, importation of equipment, distributor’s employment and the termination thereof, and sponsorship arrangement, etc;
- Advised Maj Invest Vietnam Management Consultancy LLC on its dissolution and other general advice;
- Advised Obsborne Clarke – Crifols on various matters in relation to its establishment in Vietnam, transfer of equipment, card payment and employment;
- Advised Cathay Pacific Airways on the operation of their representative office in Vietnam and the group’s loyalty campaign (re: Asia Miles);
- Advised Altaspace (Hong Kong) Limited in relation to its setting up of Vietnam Entity;
- Advised Dow Chemical Pacific (Singapore) Private Limited /Down Chemical Vietnam LLC on various operation matters namely dividend distribution, general advice, corporate approvals, licensing and exportation issues, etc. as well as the closure of Hanoi office;
- Advised ECCO (Vietnam) Limited on the change in investment capital and MC members, factory lease contract and other general advice;
- Advised Danone Vietnam on a number of operation matters including the closure of its Vietnam representative office;
- Advised Procter & Gamble in relation to its restructuring in Vietnam and in day-to-day operations of Procter & Gamble in Vietnam;
- Advised Masan Group, a foodstuff corporation on setting up a joint venture company with Aramex engaging in logistics;
- Advised Lotte on preparing the application documents for setting up a finance company in Vietnam;
- Advised certain foreign investors such as Monsanto, Hanes Holding Inc., Interflour, Pharmaq, Commodities International Inc., Aricent, SAP, Nor-cal, Twinkle Leatherware and Hyundai Logistics Co., Ltd on setting up their subsidiaries in Vietnam; and
- Advised Kraft Foods, Boeing, World Learning, China Telecom and Remy on setting up their representative offices in Vietnam.
- Advised Cathay Pacific Airways on various employment and labour matters including dual employment, internal labour rules, labour contract template and non-competition agreement;
- Advised foreign government owned investment company on various labour matters including employment updates, workplace safety and health policy and other employment and labour matters;
- Advised Booking.com on its employment matters, theft case, extension of the term and employment with respect to its restructuring;
- Advised SAP America, Inc. on certain employment and labour aspects including appointment letter and the change in its authorised representative;
- Advised CES on the change of its chief accountant and other related employment matters;
- Advised Chem-Trend Vietnam Company Limited on a number of employment matters including the review of offer letter template;
- Advised IMCD Asia Pte. Ltd on the change of LR and AR as other employment matters;
- Advised JTI on various matters including the change in chief representative, review and registration of the internal labour rules and termination of labour contract due to organisational restructuring;
- Advised KIXEYE on the change in legal representative, collective labour agreement, the internal labour rules, labour plan and work permit, and labour related templates;
- Advised LovePop on various employment matters, in particular, ESOP registration, layoff and other general labour advice;
- Advised Mapletree on the change of its legal representative and the related DPI approval;
- Advised MIQ Logistics on the change of its directors and other labour and employment related matters;
- Advised Mitsubishi Elevator Vietnam in relation to labour matters including provision of general advice and additional questions on employment;
- Advised Sherwin Williams on general employment matters and employment termination; and
- Advised Sunluxe Enterprise Ltd. on general employment matters and the change of the legal representative, review of labour contracts, work permit and termination of employment.
- Advised RMIT on its restructuring and obtainment of licenses and permits required for education operations;
- Advised Fulbright Vietnam on various regulatory matters in respect of daily operation of education establishment in Vietnam;
- Advised ChangedEdu Holding Pte., Ltd. on their indirect acquisition of European International School, an international K-12 school in Vietnam;
- Advised IDP Education Pty Ltd and DP Education (Vietnam) Limited on various matters including the change in legal representative, work permit and update of due diligence;
- Advised on offshore transaction for sale of shares in holding companies of ILA Vietnam, an English training centre in Vietnam; and
- Advised Vietnamese shareholders of a corporate group engaging in primary education on its proposed sale of schools in Vietnam.
- Advised Keppel Land in the acquisition of a strategic stake in the Vietnamese LLC developing the billion USD plus Thu Thiem project;
- Advised Mapletree on a joint venture with Saigon Co.op Investment-Development Joint Stock Company and Saigon Transportation Mechanical Corporation to establish a joint stock company namely Vietsin Commercial Complex Development Joint Stock Company in order to engage in the investment, development and management of a major mixed use project in Saigon South modelled on VivoCity;
- Advised NP Industrial JSC on various real estate matters including land lease agreement, conducting due diligence on the land of an industrial zone and bank guarantee in relation to the transaction;
- Advised Olive Tree in relation to an M&A transaction of a real estate project in Thu Duc District, Ho Chi Minh City;
- Advised Sabeco on several projects namely Ben Van Don real estate project and a real estate in Quang Ngai Province;
- Advised Mapletree (Singapore) on a simultaneous off-shore and on-shore purchase of shares in a Cayman Islands company and a Vietnamese company to obtain control and ownership of the Centerpoint Office Building, a prime office space in the centre of Ho Chi Minh City;
- Advised VinaCapital on land clearance and compensation agreement with Quang Nam Province’s authorities in respect of its real estate project in Quang Nam Province in 2015;
- Advised Au Lac Company, the developer of the Tuan Chau Island in Quang Ninh Province, to structure its hotel and resort business and to negotiate management contracts with a Korean hotel management company;
- Advised a foreign invested company in relation to land compensation and clearance of the real estate project in Danang (including preparation of land clearance compensation agreement and negotiation with the PC Danang regarding the same);
- Advised a leading real estate developer as a foreign invested company on acquisition of land in District 2;
- Advised a Singapore real estate developer on its investment in investee companies who have existing residential projects in Ho Chi Minh City; and
- Advised a Hong Kong real estate developer on its investment in Vietnam by way of set up a joint venture with local partners who have land and mixed-use projects.
Notable practitioner | Employment | Chambers | 2021