Krissen Pillay is a senior associate at the Ho Chi Minh City office. He focuses on mergers & acquisitions, healthcare & pharmaceutical, private equity and corporate matters. Krissen is a South African qualified lawyer and registered with the Legal Practice Council of South Africa. Krissen has practiced law at two of the largest firms in South Africa and has worked on M&A transactions across various sectors, including cross-border transactions. He advises, amongst other things, on joint-ventures, restructuring and investments. He understands clients’ commercial issues and grasps their business needs.
University of Cape Town, Certificate: Basics of Financial Management (2018)
University of Cape Town, LL.B. (2006) (Dean’s Merit List)
Legal Practice Council, South Africa
- Advised on the acquisition by DA’realty of the Ambassador Hotel (in excess of ZAR200 million) in Cape Town, South Africa to be developed into luxury apartments (ZAR1 billion);
- Advised on the restructuring of South African gaming and leisure group (transaction value in region of ZAR5 billion);
- Advised on attempted take-over (hostile) of large listed company on Johannesburg Stock Exchange (ZAR 5 billion);
- Advised on various transactional, corporate and structuring work for high net worth private individuals;
- Advised on the restructuring of international oil company’s interests in Zimbabwe;
- Advised on the restructuring joint-venture arrangements between international oil companies in South Africa;
- Advised the structuring and implementation of Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment transactions (similar to local ownership) for listed European chemical company and Nasdaq listed technology company; and
- Conducted various due diligences including in following sectors: automotive; mining, alcohol, defense.
Investment Fund and Private Equity
- Advised on formation and structuring of various investment funds;
- Advised on formation and structuring of large renewable energy debt fund; and
- Advised generally to certain family offices
Corporate & Commercial
- Advised generally on general corporate issues; and
- Advised generally on various commercial arrangements (including service level agreements, distribution agreements, franchising agreements).
Healthcare & Pharmaceutical
- Provided general advice to large pharmaceutical clients.