Tran Nhat Quang focuses on providing legal advice on M&A transactions and capital markets.
Quang has advised on a wide variety of M&A transactions with recent focus on development projects in the energy sector, covering hydropower, solar, wind and LNG projects. Quang also engages in litigation sector by advising and representing clients in various commercial and infrastructure disputes before the Court and/or arbitration.
Quang recently collaborated extensively on transactions involving State capital divestment and bancassurance.
Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam, International Law (LL.B.) (2011)
Hanoi Law University (LL.B.) (2018)
University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, Business Association Summer Course (2016)
- Advised numerous power companies from Singapore, Thailand and Ireland in their acquisition of stake in Vietnamese project companies who develop and operate hydropower, solar and wind power projects in Vietnam (2017-2022);
- Advised one of the largest power generation companies in Japan in its potential LNG business in Vietnam (2021-2023);
- Advised HDBank, TPBank and MBBank in their bancassurance arrangements with foreign-invested insurance companies (2019-2022);
- Advised Vietnam Airlines in its potential divestment from subsidiaries/affiliated companies (2020-2022);
- Advised Techcombank in its pre-IPO sale and equity offering and listing on the HOSE (2018);
- Advised MBBank in the sale of 49% stake in its wholly owned consumer finance company MCredit to Shinsei Bank – a leading diversified Japanese financial institution (2016);
- Advised Vietnam Airlines in its sale of a strategic stake to foreign investors (2016);
- Advised Petrolimex – the largest petroleum wholesale and retail distributor in Vietnam on its sale of a strategic stake in Petrolimex (2016);
- Represented Petrovietnam (as co-counsel with Shearman & Sterling) in a US$100 million ICC arbitration in Singapore against a consortium of two independent oil contractors (2016);
- Represented a foreign investor in an arbitration proceeding against a provincial people’s committee over a dispute on FIDIC based BT construction contract on Hai Phong – Quang Ninh highway (2014-2020); and
- Advised PT Semen Gresik (Persero) Tbk in the purchase of 70% shares in Thang Long Cement Joint Stock Company (2012).